Simplify for Joy #2: 'Do Nothing' Days

This week's tip is no challenge for me at all. Maybe Marli, who is almost always doing something, might find it a bit harder because Erica's second proposed method to simplify your life is to have regular days on which you do nothing.

Do. Nothing.


Well, I must say, I don't think it means you have to lie in bed literally doing nothing all day. I believe you just have to schedule regular days (each week/month) on which you don't have any plans to follow or tasks to perform.

On my 'Do Nothing' days (Saturdays, Sundays or Public Holidays), I am very selfish with my time. All day long, I ONLY do things I enjoy, and preferably in my pj's or sweatpants. Usually, this means vegging in front of the TV, napping, reading, or pinning.

I have a very understanding and accommodating partner, so this is one simplification technique I really have no trouble with. How about you? Do you give yourself non-productive breathers? And if so, how do you spend your time doing nothing?

*What is this?

Every week through 2017, we'll attempt one of Erica Layne's 52 Obtainable Ways to Simplify Your Life. For more info, you can read our introductory post here.

Comments

Popular Posts