Simplify for Joy #31: 60 Seconds

If it can be done in under a minute, do it!


You see that piece of paper next to the bin?

What about that pair of shoes you've been meaning to put away?

You know you saw them.

You pass them by every day.

Just pick it up!!!

Keeping these 'Spot Tasks' up to date is a habit I'm still trying to perfect. Usually I'll throw things away instead of letting them lie around, but I can't say that I never procrastinate. (Here's looking at you, Folding-and-Packing-Away-Laundry!)

Erica points out that life can be so much easier if we simply do these fast tasks as/when we notice them. I think that's a great idea and will implement that way of thinking immediately. Let's hope my oomph lasts (Marli's been a very good girl when it comes to our new year's resolutions, but I'm still struggling with keeping to my new & improved morning routine).

Did you make any New Year's resolutions for 2017? What were they? Are you sticking to yours?

PC: Be Happy



*What’s This?


Every week through 2017, we'll attempt one of Erica Layne's 52 Obtainable Ways to Simplify Your Life. For more info, you can read our introductory post here.

Comments

Popular Posts