Soul Food

Spiritual growth is very important to us on our journey, and throughout the past two months it has been been extremely hard to let go and let God. Between the two of us we've had to cut ties with poisonous people, go into therapy, rediscover patience, and fight to overcome our faults.

I'm starting to feel like I might just win this battle against depression & anxiety, and I'm truly thankful for the fact that my husband is committed to strengthening our relationship through couples counselling.
For those of you who are also struggling against the dark depths taking over your quality of life, I want to say that there is hope. Find the courage to talk to someone, and if necessary, know that there is absolutely no shame in having to go onto medication to help you find your way. You matter! No one else can play your role.
From what I've learnt over the past few months, I can also tell you that marriage and commitment is hard for EVERYONE. You are unique, but experiencing relationship obstacles aren't. Even the couples who seem perfect from the outside have their problems to resolve, but few talk about it openly. Don't give up. Remind yourself that there is a reason you fell in love with him/her, and that you are not alone. And if you're unsure of what to expect from counselling, Life Hacker has a great piece of advice for you.

Marli's bond is almost registered/finalised, and dare I say that she's met someone incredibly cute & kind?
I am very much looking forward to spending Christmas with her in her new home. Her excitement is contagious, and even her mother & I are starting to feel like we want to spruce up our own living spaces.
As for the new guy, it's still very new, so I'll leave it up to her to tell you about it when the time is right.

Comments

Popular Posts